The Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies program combines strong liberal arts exposure with courses in legal theory and will prepare you for law/graduate school, as well as for professional opportunities in law firms; courts; corporations; financial institutions; and city, state, and federal government offices and agencies. Upon completion of the program, students earn a Certificate of Advanced Paralegal Studies, approved by the American Bar Association.
The goals of the program are to:
- Educate you in the theory and philosophy of law and the principles of ethics that are part of the legal field
- Build your research and investigative skills, including critical online research
- Instill a code of behavior and appreciation of the standards of the profession
- Learn practical applications of legal theory and prepare for a career in law or law-related fields
- Develop strong communication and advocacy skills