The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree program is designed for women who intend to pursue a professional career in fields such as corrections, homeland security, the juvenile justice system, probation and parole, corporate and private security, and law enforcement on a local, state, federal, or international level.
The faculty who teach in the Criminal Justice Department are well-respected throughout the country for their professionalism, scholarship, innovative thinking, and leadership. They bring decades of practical hands-on experience to the classroom.
Throughout the Criminal Justice curriculum, students engage in interactive learning. Students utilize a case-based system to hone their critical thinking skills to solve and analyze real life criminal justice problems. This practiced application of knowledge prepares students for the wide variety of situations they will encounter in their chosen field. Furthermore, students wishing to pursue graduate studies will be well prepared for the academic rigor required of such programs.
1. Professional and ethical preparation for a career in criminal justice grounded in a thorough understanding of law, evidence, procedure, and the operation of the American justice system.
2. Professional and ethical preparation for a career in law enforcement, corrections, probation and parole, corporate and private security, and the juvenile justice system.
3. Professional, ethical, physical, social and personal preparation to succeed, lead, and remain a lifelong learner in the criminal justice arena.
4. Professional and ethical preparation to think critically and independently to solve and prevent criminal justice problems.
5. Professional preparation that enables students to understand victimology and criminology.
Top 10 Careers for Criminal Justice Degree Holders:
1. Business Intelligence Analyst
2. Retail Loss Prevention Specialist
3. Mental Health Counselor
4. Social Worker
6. Social & Human Service Assistant
7. Police Patrol Officer
8. Healthcare Social Worker
9. Child, Family & School Social Worker
10. Intelligence Analyst