In just eight years, the percentage of Americans who participated in an online education program increased by 350%. And the vast majority of academic leaders polled by the Babson Survey Group agreed that online learning is as effective as learning in the classroom — even more so for certain types of learners.
Those that succeed in online classes are typically:
- Skilled at time management
- Enjoy engaging with others through technology
Your computer is your classroom.
But that doesn’t mean that everyone is equally comfortable with technology. At Bay Path College, we are committed to giving you the support you need to be successful — whether that means walking you through the login procedure, or providing help in submitting your first assignment. There will always be someone available
to lend a helping hand. And once you feel comfortable with Bay Path’s Canvas Learning Management System, you will enjoy the following features:
- An online orientation to acquaint you with the system
- Online tutors available to work with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Post to online discussions with colleagues when it’s convenient for you
- Ability to schedule online appointments for one-on-one help from your professor
- Access to all of your “paperwork” and assignments, anywhere you can get internet access
For each course, your lessons and assignments will be organized weekly, so that you can easily see what to expect
…and what is expected. Then, you’ll be able to manage your time however it works best with your schedule.
Learning online doesn’t mean learning alone.
Most students work best when interacting with other students. At Bay Path, you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with and support other women
in your courses, through online chats or video conferences, by telephone or coffee on campus. Additionally, our trained Educator Coaches
are here to provide you the one-on-one support you need to complete assignments, manage your schedule, and stay on track.